Saturday, August 27, 2011

2 New Layouts! Kraft Paper Love!

Hello everyone! Hope everyone is staying dry out there during Hurricane Irene! D: It's gotten dark here really fast and the storm is beginning to pick up. I'm so thankful we still have power. I spent the whole day crafting! This time I have two new layouts to share. :) I'm new to uploading layouts, so I'm still practicing on my photography skills, be gentle :)





Made a page about my husband's love for video games! For this layout I used all papers from the DCWV Generation Tech stack; as well as a kraft cardstock background. I'm new to using kraft in my layouts, but I must say I love its neutral characteristics! I see infinate uses for it in my scrapbook. I was inspired to use it based on Two Peas in a Bucket's Design School lesson about Balance and Unity in a layout, as illustrated here.

My next layout contains two polaroids taken my last day of work at the Disney Store :( They closed our store down this day. Everyone is wearing Mickey Mouse Santa hats. The journaling is entitled "10 Reasons 342 Should Stay in Touch" This layout was based on Shimelle's sketch of the week which can be seen here!


The lighting is bad in the photo eek; I apologize because the only 'natural light' i had was a stormy hurricane window! This layout is also built on my new love, kraft cardstock! The watermark stamps of the circle motif are Inkadinkadoo 'Circles and Dots'. Mickey Mouse buttons are from Queen and Co. Patterned Mickey paper is also from Queen and Co. I also added little black dots from American Crafts Black Puffy Thickers. Black letters are from Echo Park's new Happy Days sticker sheet, I love these letters! (also used them on above layout) Silver letters are from my stash, and I'm also unsure of the manufacturer of the red star and yellow dot papers. Background yellow paper is from DCWV, I distressed it using 'Barn Door' and 'Vintage Photo' Tim Holtz Distress Inks. :)

Thats all for now! Please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll do my best to answer! Thanks for reading along, I'm off to do more scrapping while the power holds out! :)

2 comments:

  1. I came over from Shimelle's site to check out your layouts. I love your pages!! You have such a design eye for color and embellishment positions!

    PS: I hope you survived Irene intact!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're weathering the storm OK. These are great LOs.
    If I need to photograph a LO without natural daylight I put a wooden breadboard on top of the stove and use the bright light in the extractor hood as my light source. For brighter days, Sue Althouse did a post with some good tips a while ago:
    http://suealthouse.blogspot.com/2011/04/shooting-layout.html

    ReplyDelete