Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Sweet Lolita - Otakon 2011

Another layout to share today! Didn't get much scrapbooking done today, I live on the East Coast and today we experienced a magnitude 5.9 earthquake. I must say it was one of the scariest things I've experienced! The house shook for what felt like a whole minute~ I was kinda frozen in my chair because I didn't know what to do! Just saw the whole house begin to shake and things started falling off the shelves.... my 40 gallon fish tank was shaking, and I was afraid that it was only seconds from bursting into 1000 pieces and flooding our tiny studio apartment! Thankfully, it only spilled quite a bit of water on the floor, and did not break. Lots of stuff fell, but thankfully nothing was broken.

Did you experience the earthquake? I would love to hear your stories! It sure was scary, I sure was "shaken up" for a couple hours afterwards. Praying for no bad aftershocks!

Anyways, onto the layout! This one is a layout from Otakon 2011, an Anime Convention in Baltimore which hosts over 20,000 attendees every year! This was our 4th year attending (my husband and I)- and I enjoy every minute of the action packed 3 day weekend! This year I made my own outfit, a Sweet Lolita, which is a form of Japanese street fashion, and an everyday form of fashion for many girls who live in Japan. There are several forms of lolita dress, the most popular being sweet, gothic, punk, and classic styles. Sweet Lolita basically includes lots of frills, petticoats, and girly patterns! My theme was cupcakes, so I chose papers from several collections to match my pink cupcake skirt. :) I love this girly layout with lots of sparkles and sweeties! :) Enjoy!




Supplies Used:
American Crafts Thickers Jewelry Box Glitter Letter Stickers
Jolee's Boutique Dimensional Stickers Cupcakes Repeat
Echo Park Pink/Grey Cardstock Be Mine Collection
Little Yellow Bicycle Cupcake Die Cut Paper
Best Creation Oriental Paper
Pressed Petals Yummy Assorted Paper Pack

Thanks for reading! Byeeee for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment