Tuesday, September 13, 2011

New Scrapbook Challenge!

Hello everyone, its really been awhile since I've had time to sit down and finish a project! Today I have a new layout to share. :) This layout was created for The Paper Variety blog's Birthday Celebration! This was for Challenge 2 which inspired us to use mostly our favorite paper crafting company in our project! Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE Die Cuts with a View! ;) In this layout, I used predominately papers from their new stack: Ghosts and Goblins!


For this layout, I tried my hand at making paper flowers for the first time with the help of my new Martha Stewart scoreboard! It was difficult at first (wrangling that paper into shape!) but I think I will get better with more practice! Here are some more detail shots, I'm getting better at photographing pages, but I still need a lot of practice so be gentle please ;)



Overall, I love the dimension that the paper flowers bring to my page. I added little 'spider mix' buttons that I purchased at Jo Ann's throughout the layout, including the center of my flowers. I used a couple of DCWV matstacks from the new Ghost and Goblins collection to mat my photos, I really wanted to play off of the fun glittery purple mask that Nicole is wearing in the large photo. :) All of the journaling tags are also from the Ghost and Goblins stack, as is the little witch hat which I cut out from a tag. :) The background paper is from the stack as well, and I sprayed it with Pearl and Brown Smooch Spritz. Letters are black Thickers, and 'not even' is written with Echo Park Happy Halloween Collection letter stickers. :)

Thanks for reading, that's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. oh wow♥WOW♥wow!!! what an astonishingly cool LO! i love the colors, the papers, the bling, the ♥SPIDERS♥!!! and your photos soooo ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete