Saturday, October 1, 2011

Bright Lights

Happy World Card Making Day everyone!

I didn't make a ton of cards today, but I did make some ;) I will show them at a later time though! I'm back with another layout! Did yet another layout using Echo Park's Happy Days. A couple weeks ago, when I purchased the Happy Days layout at my LSS, a nice lady who was cropping by the register, taps me on the shoulder and asks "excuse me, but what are you going to do with that?" And I responded, "Make cards, who knows? There are a lot of things you can do with it!" Truth is, I had no idea what I wanted to do with it, I just knew I wanted it because it was Echo Park! So, since I purchased it, I had to justify it by attempting to stretch my stash and finding all kinds of things to do with it! Thus, you have today's layout. OH p.s. based on one of PageMaps September sketches!



I started with a cool speckled background paper by Recollections that I got at Michaels. (I kinda wish I would have just used plain though because I ended up covering all the pretty dots with the big gray paper. The gray paper is from DCWV's new Ghosts and Goblins cardstock stack. I dragged my Tim Holtz Distress inking tool around the edges in the color Black Soot. I wanted to give the paper an almost dirty street feeling. All of the other embelishments, stickers, and papers are from Happy Days. The New York glitter skyline is from Recollections. :) Here are a couple detail shots.

I just love that glitter sticker! It's so pretty in person.
Just love love love Echo Park's alphabets! I cut the tickets from the border strips.
The 'dirt' i tried to create in the large mat. 

Anyways, thanks for reading. I really appreciate your comments! :) tata for now! OH p.s. 5 days till I am in Disney World!!!

~ Jessie

No comments:

Post a Comment